Monday, February 7, 2011

Changes

Sometimes change is a good thing. I timidly made changes to my pricing for image discs and prints. 

Why?

Well, you see, I found an AWESOME printing lab.  I received my test prints in the mail and compared them to prints from your corner store pharmacy...and the result...WOW!  The skin tones, vibrance, and brightness are had to pass up from my new lab.  Not to mention the variety of photo finishes...lustre, metallic, linen, and mounted on matboard.  Metallic is my new FAV photo finish.  It is just that...it looks as if the photo is made of shiny metal.  The linen finish gives the print an oil-painting type of feel, without compromising the crispness or clarity of the image.  I have samples to share with you next time we meet.  :)

So what does this have to do with pricing?

Well, as a photographer I'd like to make a good name for myself.  If a client prints their pictures at a corner store pharmacy and they are well...you're average-run-of-the-mill print, dull colors, blotchy or inconsistent skin tones...do I really want my name associated with that image?  I hate to say it...but no.  That's why the price of the image disc has increased; I'm trying to get more of my quality prints out there for everyone to see.  I'm also resizing the images so they are printable up to 8x10.  You wanted a canvas to hang over the fireplace?  I have you covered with my new printing lab!  I want to make sure you're getting the quality canvas you deserve. 

Please don't be discouraged!  I'm keepin' it real with my repeat customers and their referrals!  I respect you for your loyal business and sending your friends my way.  So I have something in return...after your session you will receive coupons to give to friends, family, coworkers that entitles them to a $30 print credit.  Don't worry...I didn't forget about you...I mean, you wrangled in your friends and directed them in my way, so you too will receive a $30 print credit when one of your friends books a session.  I value your business and want to keep your business. 

I hope to hear from all of you soon!  :)

PS  If I already quoted you on a package/price prior to my price changes, you still receive the original price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment