Thursday, May 5, 2011

Izzy & Justin: Lexington Wedding

I was totally floored when Izzy (an old neighbor and childhood friend) asked me to photograph her special day!  In complete amazement I reminded her and her parents they didn't have to use me just because they knew me...but they also liked my work (and my price I'm sure) :) 

I've always thought if you're going to have a wedding - then make it memorable.  And that's EXACTLY what they did!  And from what I heard, Izzy got exactly what she wanted...that's what meticulous planning  and the help of friends will get you.  :)  Well...I'm sure the 2, 10 foot screens which projected the UK game weren't part of her ideal wedding, but she was willing enough to share her big day with the NCAA championship game. 

The bridal party (or should I say crowd...you'll see what I mean when take a peek at the images) arrived in a stretch Hummer from Thoroughbred Limo and the driver had to make a few trips since the party was so large.  The ceremony took place at Chapel Hill Presbyterian Church .  After the ceremony everyone piled into the 'party bus' from Thoroughbred Limo to ride in style to their dream reception at the Hilton.

As you browse through the images, if you find something or a vendor you're interested in, here is the complete list:

Ivory Rose Floral *I can give a personal testimony about this florist; she did our wedding and was phenomenal to work with - she really tries to get you the most bang for you buck!  I highly recommend her to any bride to be. 

Bride's hair & make up: Jennifer Murray from Regis

Bride's wedding gown: Ruth's Bridal

Cake: Confused Confections

DJ: Bluegrass Beat * AJ was awesome to work with!  A laid back DJ who kept me (the photographer) in mind as the reception progressed - we discussed how the bouquet toss was gonna go down and the whole evening went smoothly!

Enough of the jabbering...here's what you've been waiting for!  To view the complete collection, check out my 'Proofs' page.  Have your password handy.  Forgot?  Misplaced?  Contact the bride and groom for a reminder. 

The first look.























The elevator...you had to be there.  :)









Thanks to my 2nd shooter, Laura, for snagging this sweet pic!




You know who's in charge on her special day.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment