Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I see London, I see France...

Do you ever have one of those days when you intentionally forget about the 'to do' list and do what you love?  Ahhh....it is like a breath of fresh air, right?!  That's what Monday was all about.  My sister-in-law, who is becoming the other half of Mitchell Photography, and I found some time to just sit around the backyard with our cameras and 'play.' 
In a nutshell, Laura and her fam gutted a house to the studs and completely renovated it...themselves.  So as you can imagine their plates have been full...with a 2.5 year old and 9 month old.  One word: superwoman.  I couldn't do it.
And I digress...so we finally found some good mama time to shoot the boys in action.  And some time to play and experiment with photography.  And thus we are planning a trip to Murphy's Camera tomorrow.  Her purchase: 50mm/1.8.  Mine, not so sure, but I won't leave empty handed.  Probably a good mid-range wide-angle.  A good mutli-use lens for weddings.  Heaven knows I'll need it come October.  :)
And I'm going off on a tangent again...so here are two of my fav images from yesterday's session.  With the first one you have to understand our nephew is currently toilet training, so 'under-roos' are a new thing to him.  And with less bulk of a diaper apparently the 'britches' tend to sag.  :)  I think Elmo is playing peek-a-boo!!
And the other nephew...you just have to see in action.  I don't think words can describe him; especially his crawl.  You see, when we first started to crawl it was more like the 'worm.'  It eventually evolved into a gait of some four-legged mammal.  That's right, no knees touching floor; arms and legs stiff as boards, butt high in the air.  Our nephews never cease to leave us bored.  Here he is crawling through again, and again...and again...and you get the point...crawling through a tunnel. 

Hopefully we'll have more fun photo shoots with the kids.  Probably time for me to hit the sack!

No comments:

Post a Comment