Thursday, May 8, 2014

April Mini Sessions :: UK Arboretum

Winter was long and bitter for us this year.  When I was planning my April mini sessions I just flipped open my planner from last year, pulled up the images from that session to see what the background looked like and picked a similar date for this year. 

Bwahahahaha Mother Nature had me fooled once I made my arrival at the Arboretum!  Tulips, most of the daffodils and the almost honey-comb like shaped Columbine where no where to be seen!  Fortunately I lucked out on a small patch of daffodils in a not so suspecting place.  Well, it would have to do. 

Note to self: keep in mind the length and severity of winter when planning for the first spring sessions.  On another note, on my way back out to the parking lot I spied the large flower bed next to the drop off loop FULL of tulip buds.  Yes, buds, which meant the following week they would have been in full bloom and absolutely gorgeous! 

Enjoy!







Photos taken at The Arboretum, State Botanical Garden of Kentucky, Lexington, KY

No comments:

Post a Comment