Thursday, September 6, 2012

Take THAT, Pinterest ~ Wedding gifts

So I heard about a lady who has a blog who tries just about anything she finds on Pinterest.  Some are awesome ideas, some not-so-much.  Anyway, I decided it was high time I actually contribute something rather than borrowing ideas ALL the time.  By the way, the 'Thank you, Pinterest' post will come later.  Most of my Pinterest pins regard the home and the kids' rooms.  C'mon...we just moved into the new house a week ago, like I've had time to paint their rooms and hand make all the artsy-fartsy stuff I'd like to showcase.  I have however, picked out paint chips.  I step down...a few more to go!

Anyway, here are my Pinterest contributions...Here are my shower and wedding gifts for my cousin's upcoming nuptials.  Market tote embroidered by Stephanie Parker with My Pink Tulip.  I use her for all my monogramming needs...other than Joni with Thirty-one gifts


I used the Market tote as a 'gift box,' if you will, for the mason jars I gave her.  My cousin's home has a warm, rustic theme, so what better way to decorate than with mason jars!


Each mason jar was wrapped with burlap and had some sort of decoration such as crocheted flower, bow, braid or button. 


Inside one of the mason jars I printed off little cards with ideas on how to use the jars.  Drinking glasses, food storage, candle holders...just to name a few...


All stacked and lookin' pretty! 

I also had Stephanie monogram some towels for me.  As a newlywed I loved seeing our new last name, initials and monogram on everything! 


Along with the towels I purchased a hamper - to use as a hamper and gift wrap! 




I used real ribbon to tie a bow. 


I threaded the ribbon through the hamper handles and up over the top.  Nothing fancy with the ribbon tying...perhaps Pinterest has some tutorials on ribbon tying!  ;) 

So here you have it...two ideas for shower, wedding, house warming, or whatever gifts!

This mini photo session also helped me cross something off our 'farm bucket list.'  Once we were down to one week before leaving our rental on 20 acres with free range chickens, I realized there were some things I wanted to do, or do again and document with video or pics.  I loved this window seat in the rental house.  However, it was such a tight space it wasn't very realistic to get Isaac to sit still enough for a picture.  Not to mention Lauren is just too little to sit on the ledge...not safe!  So I was able to use this sweet little space for these pictures!  Too bad the new house doesn't have a window seat....yet...mwahahahaha! 

1 comment:

  1. The jars are pretty cool wedding party favor. And you gift basket (literally) is a basket with gifts inside it is pretty useful for the newly weds too.

    http://www.heartsakes.com/

    ReplyDelete