Friday, March 2, 2012

A New Direction {temporarily}

Life has definitely changed in the past 2 months.  It has s-l-o-w-e-d down...  Two kiddos at home under the age of two...not a whole lot gets accomplished. I can pretty much keep up with the laundry

(it gets done when once my son is out of clean socks or 'play clothes')

and the kitchen

(for real...I almost wonder what's the point in keeping the kitchen clean...it dirties and messes up in a matter of minutes!) 

As for myself...how many stay-at-home and work-at-home mothers of young children find themselves running their tongue over their teeth mid day and feeling the fuzz while thinking,

 "ohmygoodness...I think I forgot to brush my teeth this morning!"
   Or
 "when was the last day I took a shower?!"

  Yeahhhh...that's my life.  Balance the checkbook?  Oh yeah, it gets done AFTER the second bank statement comes and I realize I didn't balance it LAST month... 

But Isaac is learning how to count, the name of shapes, and building quite an imagination (yes, he picks up a cracker and proudly proclaims 'dopter' {aka: helicopter} and proceeds to 'shwa shwa shwa' as he flies it overhead).  Lauren giggles and coos and can prop herself up on her elbows now....where is the time going?!

Did I mention photography in the previous paragraph?  No.  Not unless it is snapshots of the kids sleeping, playing, reading books, or smearing mustard over faces and tables. 


So I must say I'm not booking individual sessions currently.  However, to keep some of the bills paid around here and to keep from getting rusty with the photog skills, I will be offering ONE day of mini sessions EACH month.  Mini sessions will most likely be held on a Sunday with a following Sunday as a back up date. 

Being home with an-almost-2 year-old and two month old and a husband who works full time, my time is focused (pun intended!) on my family.  At first I felt let down.  This past year I built the business to where I wanted it.  I had (still have, I hope) the client base and was able to pay myself for the first time in 3 years and therefore feel like I was contributing to the household finances.  However...the kids will grow (too fast) and enter school (eek!), therefore leaving me more time for photography.  So, until that day comes, please understand why I have such limited availability.  I'm deciding to put my family first - just as Nate and I had decided before our oldest child was born. 

However, to help keep the business afloat (there are still bills to be paid...like the business license each year) I'm turning to my trusty crochet hook and yarn!  I learned to crochet in college and have loved it since then!  Crocheting can be done on my time (photography = my schedule + husband's schedule to keep kids + client's schedule) and therefore easier on the family.  I've cranked out a few items for the spring - so please share and feel free to contact me if you wish to order or purchase.  Some items are premade and some are custom orders.  I do accept credit/debit/paypal through paypal's service.  I'm starting to complete a separate page to advertise all 'the goods.'  Check out Props Shop frequently to see what's new and available. 

PS I'd like thank...again...my lovely models.  We had a blast during my 'product shoot' last Sunday.  The weather was perfect and I got the itch to get out and start shooting again!  I definitely have missed photographing some of my favorite people in the last 3 months!











No comments:

Post a Comment